5-Minute Flax WrapsMar 21, 2022
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy your favorite sandwich fillings without the blood sugar-burden of bread or traditional flour tortillas, you’re going to really love these 5-Minute Flax Wraps! The original recipe comes from Dr. William Davis's book Wheat Belly.
It uses a handful of ingredients, takes only three minutes to prepare, and another two minutes to cook.
Just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, pour into the bottom of a coconut oil-greased pie plate, and microwave for about 90 seconds. Alternatively you could pop it in a 350-degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Fill your wrap with any of the following, then roll and enjoy:
- Hummus + greens (like arugula or spinach) + sprouts + avocado slices + sunflower seeds + a few dashes of hot sauce
- Greens + red pepper strips + guacamole + shredded chicken
- Black beans + salsa + greens + guacamole
- Tuna or egg salad using Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo + sprouts + chopped onion, carrots, and celery
- Breakfast wrap: sliced hard-boiled egg (or scrambled/omelet-style) + avocado slices + sprouts + greens + salsa (see above image!)
- Almond butter + diced banana or strawberries (to make the wrap sweet, replace paprika and garlic with cinnamon or nutmeg)
The wraps will keep for a few days in the refrigerator, so why not make a few at a time and store for a quick breakfast or lunch?
5-Minute Flax Wraps
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 dashes sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 large free-roaming egg, beaten
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir in coconut oil, egg, and water. Mix until blended.
- Grease a microwave-safe pie plate with coconut oil and pour the batter over the bottom, spreading evenly.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (alternatively, you can bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes).
- Let cool and remove from plate using spatula or pancake turner.
Your Weekly Sprout!
Enter your email address below to receive my weekly tips on how to sprout your seed of well-being!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.