Better-for-You Potato SaladSep 12, 2022
Traditional potato salad is typically made with soybean oil-based mayonnaise- a highly processed oil that can contribute to inflammation in the body.
Better-for-You Potato Salad uses Primal Kitchen Mayo, an avocado-based mayonnaise with six simple ingredients: Avocado Oil, Organic Eggs, Organic Egg Yolks, Organic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Rosemary Extract.
You can fancy this recipe up a bit by adding chopped hard-boiled eggs, carrots, red peppers, and a scoop or two of lentils or black beans. Yum!
Better-for-You Potato Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 pound red skin potatoes, unpeeled
1/3 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tbsp. Bragg apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 tsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Cover the pot and bring water to a boil.
- Remove the lid, season liberally with salt and let the potatoes cook for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let them cool completely.
- Whisk together mayo, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery, onion, dill, and chives.
- Cut cooled potatoes into cubes and add to the dressing. Gently toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 150; Total Fat: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Sodium: 95 mg; Potassium: 390 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 15 g; Dietary fiber: 3 g; Net Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Sugar: 1 g (no added sugar); Protein: 1 g
Your Weekly Sprout!
Enter your email address below to receive my weekly tips on how to sprout your seed of well-being!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.