Birthday Cake Bread 🎂Aug 30, 2021
Today I turn 46 years young. Some people roll their eyes when I say that I love getting older...but I really do! Sure I have a few more little laugh lines than last year, but who cares?!
With every outer line comes tremendous inner growth and with each passing year:
- My “triple A-Virgo" personality softens a bit.
- I learn from my mistakes and embrace them as stepping stones for growth.
- I shift my inner compass to those things that really matter in life: joy, peace, family, friends, and helping others.
- I'm able to let go of those pesky little things that don't.
This weekend I enjoyed savored a Mitchell’s ice cream sundae with all the trimmings: salted caramel pecan ice cream, peanut butter sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.
So yes, I absolutely treat myself, with zero guilt. My rule is: If I’m going to do it up, I must do it without regret... otherwise I don’t do it.
With that being said, I take even greater pleasure in preparing recipes that use more wholesome ingredients. Here’s a lovely recipe for Birthday Cake Bread that I made in honor of my special day. A lightly sweetened bread with dye-free rainbow sprinkles baked inside. Spread a little Kerrygold butter on top and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
This recipe freezes really well. Slice the bread into individual servings and store in a freezer bag. Birthday or no birthday, when you have something to celebrate, defrost a slice at room temperature and enjoy!
Causes for celebration (in case you need one):
- Waking up to a brand new day
- Your eyes
- A roof over your head
- Your beating heart
- Good friends
- The unconditional love of a pet
- Being YOU!
Birthday Cake Bread
Recipe adapted from: www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 (5.3 oz.) container Siggi's Vanilla & Cinnamon plant-based yogurt (or 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour (or add whole oats to food processor and pulse until a flour consistency is reached)
- 1 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup dye-free rainbow sprinkles (I used this one!)
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. dye-free rainbow sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 4 loaf pan with parchment paper and rub with a thin layer of coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, sprinkles, baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle 3 tablespoons sprinkles on top.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Allow bread to cool for at least 15 minutes then cut into 8 slices.
Your Weekly Sprout!
Enter your email address below to receive my weekly tips on how to sprout your seed of well-being!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.