Seed-Sprouting Hot CerealSep 12, 2021
Looking for a hot cereal to fuel that beautiful temple of yours...that’s not oatmeal? Seek no further!
I am admittedly addicted to this recipe and I just know you’ll love it too. In fact, this photo was taken inside of my car. I ate it on the way to the gym (don't worry...Wayne was driving 😉 ). Yes, it's that good!
It fills me with an abundance of energy, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fats. To save time, I portion the cereal ingredients and dry toppings ahead of time and store in small containers for the week. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Seed-Sprouting Hot Cereal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time 2-5 minutes
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed (you can purchase it already ground as “flaxseed meal” or in the whole seed form and grind yourself using a coffee grinder)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Vanilla Multi Collagen Protein (optional, but a really good idea...especially if you have achy joints or are trying to improve your gut health!)
- Cinnamon to taste
- 6-8 oz. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 small apple (or ½ of large), chopped
- Handful of fresh berries or thawed frozen cranberries (my favorite!)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Small handful of walnuts, almonds, pecans, or pumpkin seeds (toasting nuts/seeds ahead of time brings out the flavor!)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- Extra cinnamon
- Drizzle of raw honey or pure maple syrup (although if you are using Ancient Nutrition Vanilla Multi Collagen Protein it will be sweet enough!)
- Add flaxseed, chia seeds, collagen (if using), cinnamon and almond milk to a bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Alternatively you can heat in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave or stove and let sit for a few minutes to thicken. Mixture will get thicker the longer it sits!
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Your Weekly Sprout!
Enter your email address below to receive my weekly tips on how to sprout your seed of well-being!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.