Spicy Avocado FriesApr 18, 2022
If a healthy heart is your goal, traditional French fries probably aren't part of your meal plan.
But I'll just bet avocados are! So why not give this four-ingredient recipe a try? And be sure to serve it with the "Special Sauce"!
Avocados are one of the most heart-healthy foods you can find. A member of the fruit family, avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, 14 grams of fiber, and are full of mostly monounsaturated fat, a type of fat that protects your heart and brain! This is why you will always find at least three in my refrigerator at all times.
I like to buy a bunch of avocados when they are on sale and once they yield to gentle pressure, I store them in the fridge to halt the ripening process.
To seed an avocado, simply cut it lengthwise around the entire seed, making sure the blade hits the pit. Rotate both halves to separate. To remove the seed, carefully whack the seed with the blade and twist and lift out. Scoop the avocado out of its shell using a spoon.
The original recipe for Spicy Avocado Fries comes from the talented Amanda at www.mindfulavocado.com.
Spicy Avocado Fries
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 large avocado (ripe but firm)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew, coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado mayo (Chosen Foods or Primal Kitchen)
- 2 tbsp. plain full-fat Greek or Icelandic yogurt
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut avocado lengthwise around the entire seed, making sure the blade hits the pit. Rotate both halves to separate. To remove the seed, carefully whack the seed with the blade and twist and lift out.
- Scoop the avocado out of its shell using a spoon and cut into wedges.
- Mix almond flour and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Pour milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip avocado slices first in the milk and then press in almond flour to coat slice on all sides. You could also use a spoon to pour the almond flour mixture on the avocado.
- Place avocado fries on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- To make Special Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
Your Weekly Sprout!
Enter your email address below to receive my weekly tips on how to sprout your seed of well-being!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.